Full RO Access in No Time
Industry providers now have write-back access to Repair Orders within their CDK DMS. Fortellis keeps innovating with easy-to-use and responsive integrations. Create, read, edit and monitor repair orders with the CDK Drive Repair Order API Bundle.
Building on the popularity of the original bundle, CDK Drive Repair Order V2 streamlines ways to develop faster and more robust integrations.
This new bundle version includes the following APIs:
- CDK Drive Repair Order API (updated version)
- Workshop Management API (new)
- Service Customer API
- Service Vehicle API
- Vehicle Specifications API
- CDK Drive Op Codes API
New features in the CDK Drive Repair Order Bundle include:
- Creation of special PDI and vehicle inspection orders — a new dealership-specific option allows you to create “internal” repair orders when an existing order is not associated with a customer. This feature was added based on multiple ISV requests.
- Expanded capability to query RepairOrders, by the following criteria:
- Vehicle ID
- Customer ID
- Added a 'jobStarted' flag to each service line item. The ISV application can then avoid updating these service lines and lower the number of errors/delays in writing service lines
- Moved the common helper lookup functions to the CDK Drive Workshop
- Added Management API to facilitate better API function and performance
- Updated endpoint based on new CDK pricing model
How Do I Switch?
Workshop functions will be moving to their own dedicated API. This means some function calls previously handled by CDK Drive Repair Order API require redirection to the Workshop Management API. This involves minor code changes, and all functionality has been preserved.
When Do I Have to Switch?
CDK Drive Repair Order Bundle V1 will be discontinued following the End-of-Life schedule listed below. We encourage you to begin the migration process soon to take advantage of the new functionality and ensure you have time to complete it before the planned end date.
- 9/30/2022: CDK Drive Repair Order Bundle V2 will become available for all developers
- 10/1/2022: CDK Drive Repair Order Bundle V1 will be removed from the API directory and no new development will be permitted. Existing certified Applications will be supported
- 6/1/2023: All Certified Integrations must complete migration to CDE Drive Repair Order V2
- 6/15/2023: CDK Drive Repair Order Bundle V1 will be deprecated and no longer function
For more information on migrating from CDK Drive Repair Order Bundle V1 to V2, check out this informative topic in the Fortellis community.
Fortellis Marketplace gives developers the ability to market their solutions by providing feature and functionality descriptions, photos, videos, pricing and support options. The result is a powerful tool to help buyers find the right solution. It also provides ways to post ratings, reviews and ask questions about the vehicles they'd like to buy.
About Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange™ Platform
Fortellis is a technology platform that enables the automotive industry to leverage, build, innovate and integrate solutions and workflows to transform business. The Fortellis platform — with its Developer Network and Marketplace — connects software developers, OEMs and dealers so they can create new and unique experiences efficiently and seamlessly. Visit fortellis.io to learn more.
About CDK Global
CDK Global (NASDAQ: CDK) is a leading provider of integrated data and technology solutions to the automotive, heavy truck, recreation, and heavy equipment industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end, omnichannel retail commerce through open, agnostic technology, CDK Global provides solutions to dealers and original equipment manufacturers, serving nearly 15,000 retail locations in North America. CDK solutions connect people with technology by automating and integrating all parts of the dealership and buying process, including the acquisition, sale, financing, insuring, parts supply, repair, and maintenance of vehicles. Visit cdkglobal.com.
Authored on Mon, 10/24/2022 - 18:41