The new collaboration combines the provision of market leading data with the open and agnostic Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange™ platform.
Fullerton, Cal. – August 28, 2020 – DriveRightData, a leading global automotive data supplier, today announced a new partnership with CDK Global, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDK), a leading retail automotive technology company, to improve vehicle identification and product matching, allowing customers to easily identify all the possible wheel and tire combinations available for their vehicle.
The new collaboration combines the provision of market leading data with the open and agnostic Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange™ platform to improve the customer experience around aftermarket upgrade options through online retailing.
"Our new partnership with CDK Global will allow an exchange of information that benefits dealerships and vendors throughout the entire wheel and tire purchase process chain," said Clare Hetherington, marketing manager of DriveRightData. "The use of intelligent data forms the basis for integrated vehicle identification, creating enhanced user experiences and customer benefits required from an increasingly demanding market."
Dealerships can also choose the level of information they need from a wide range of APIs available through Fortellis, and are able to easily integrate the data into their systems, websites and apps. Data can be provided for vehicle, manufacturer fitted wheel and tire fitment as well as supplemental information including aftermarket upgrade options. Additional DriveRightData APIs on Fortellis are available that help ensure consumers choose compatible products, such as vehicle searches based on license plate or make or model, to reduce mis-sold or returned items.
"DriveRightData and CDK Global both have a history of creating great customer experiences and bringing together our programming expertise and quality data allows us to deliver extraordinary innovation,” said Leigh Ann Conver, senior director of strategy, Fortellis. “Leveraging the power of the Fortellis marketplace provides dealerships with all the tools they need to optimize sales and deliver amazing customer service.”
The data provided by DriveRightData gives the consumer the ability to choose whether to put the same size wheel and tire combination on their vehicle or the choice to customize their vehicle by advising which increased wheel and tire sizes are compatible. Customers can then easily identify higher grade wheel and tire options that are matched with their vehicle. The increased aftermarket sales provides the opportunity for dealerships to attract a higher footfall to the service area, and showrooms overall.
- DriveRightData is a globally recognized leading independent supplier of wheel and tire specific data for the automotive industry, its aftermarket and e-commerce sites.
- DriveRightData specializes in global tire and wheel data solutions with data on more than 150,000 vehicles and fitment details such as original tire and wheel sizes, offset, PCD and nut and bolt requirements.
- Operationally, DriveRightData data helps the automotive industry reduce training costs and potential rework and improves quality and management of inventory.
- DriveRightData fitment data is regularly updated and is accessed globally over 8.5 million times every month supporting over 8,000 customer websites, and it is used internationally by business partners such as Audi, Continental, eBay, Goodyear-Dunlop, Bridgestone, Michelin, Momo, Oxigin, Nokian or Yokohama amongst others.
- DriveRightData supplies the following products and services. Vehicle Fitment Data: DriveRightData lists the vehicle, make, model and model variations to OE and option tire and wheel fitment information. The data includes speed and load index, tire pressures, PCD, center bore diameter, TPMS information, nut hex as well as nut and bolt combination specifications. Number plate search: Often buyers are not 100% sure what model variation their vehicle may be. However, they all know what their license plate number is, so using our search facility creates a better customer journey and ensures customers can select the correct product, with ease. Vehicle data is matched to number plate searches for Brazil and 13 other countries. Vehicle information provided from entry of number plate (make, model, year, etc.) can be enhanced with tire, wheel and TPMS information added to the results returned. Visualization: DriveRightData´s fitment data combined with our vast image library of vehicles, wheels and tires allows integration into existing websites, applications and other web-based services.
About CDK Global, Inc.
With $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global (Nasdaq: CDK) is a leading global provider of integrated information technology solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK Global provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 30,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK solutions automate and integrate all parts of the dealership and buying process, including the acquisition, sale, financing, insuring, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles. Visit cdkglobal.com.
About Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange™ Platform
Fortellis is a technology platform that enables the automotive industry to leverage, build, innovate and integrate solutions and workflows to transform business. The Fortellis platform—with its Developer Network and Marketplace—connects software developers, OEMs and dealers so they can create new and unique experiences efficiently and seamlessly. Visit fortellis.io to learn more.
Clare Hetherington, Marketing Manager
Senior Director, Global Corporate Communications
Authored on Mon, 11/09/2020 - 17:58